Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to delete messages from icloud backup

I have some of the old messages stored in icloud which i wanted to delete from i clound back up. is there a way i can do it? if yes please provide step by step instruction here.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 8:08 AM

Your iCloud backup is incremental - being updated each time the source device performs its backup cycle.

You cannot selectively delete items from an iCloud backup itself. If you delete unwanted Messages from the source device, the backup of the message will also be removed from your iCloud backup at the next backup cycle.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2022 8:08 AM in response to dushyant4780

Your iCloud backup is incremental - being updated each time the source device performs its backup cycle.

You cannot selectively delete items from an iCloud backup itself. If you delete unwanted Messages from the source device, the backup of the message will also be removed from your iCloud backup at the next backup cycle.

how to delete messages from icloud backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.