Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

voicemail delete is gone on iphone 11

How do I get delete option back on a voicemail on iphone 11. No option for trash or delete vm.

iPhone 5s, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 9:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2022 8:44 AM

It hasn't gone away on my iPhone 11 Pro. Tap on the VM entry in the Voicemail list and you should see the controls and, if applicable, the transcription.

I have some vague sense that in iOS 15, you didn't have to tap?

6 replies

Sep 23, 2022 9:35 AM in response to LD150

LD150 wrote:

I'm not even sure that is available in my country, hence my confusion. Ours are all done by calling the voicemail number for that provider.

Even if the carrier offers Visual Voicemail, it's still possible to call into the number and manage it that way. Most people have just forgotten (or never learned) how to do that.

I think that there was an interface change in Visual Voicemail with iOS 16 but I honestly can't say for certain. I tend to forget things like that pretty quicky,

Sep 24, 2022 7:20 PM in response to LD150

LD150 wrote:

Thanks, I looked it up and a few of our major providers offer it but not any of ours. More embarrassing I never heard of it before - they don't push it.

Visual Voicemail and the ability to listen to voicemail without having to dial in was a big deal when the iPhone was first released in the U.S. because no other phone had it. Then, the carriers or Google (or both) made it available on Android phones and it became just the normal thing.

If I had to dial into my voicemail now, I'd probably have to reset my password first as I'm not sure I even remember what it is.

voicemail delete is gone on iphone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.