Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing sound on Apple Watch medicine reminders

I just recently purchased an Apple Watch SE for my mom with Parkinsons who is very old and is having trouble remembering to take her pills (which is five times a day). We spent quite a lot of time getting all the various medications entered into Apple Health, which has the ability to remind her to take her medication and says which one to take. However, so far almost every time she hasn't noticed the reminder or paid any attention. The reminder is a very quiet "Ding", and even when I turn the watch volume all the way up to the max, she just thinks it's a sound on the TV or something. I ask her if she heard that and she's just like "No, can you make it do it again?". Anyway, so far she's not capable of paying attention to it as it just happens too quick. What I want is to have more like a ring tone, where it plays something very loud and doesn't shut up until you press "OK". I've looked through every setting and even changed the "Reminder" sound on the phone, but the watch doesn't seem to change. It simply makes the same "Ding" sound. Right now, my mom says it would be better if we return the watch so she can just go back to her cheap $20 LCD digital watch she got at Target which she can hear very clearly and is used to. I'm heading back home in a week and she will be living alone again, so it's vital we fix this. Any solution to this problem, or is Apple Watch just not designed to do this? Thanks!

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 10:37 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Sep 25, 2022 1:37 PM in response to imaudi1980

Hello imaudi1980,

Please check out this link for some helpful information on tracking medications on Apple Watch, and the available options: Track your medications on Apple Watch

Log your medications

The Medications app showing logged medications.

By default, your Apple Watch will remind you when it’s time to take your medications based on the schedule you’ve created in the Health app on iPhone. To log your medications, follow these steps.

1. If you’ve received a notification to log your medications, tap the notification. Otherwise, open the Medications app  on your Apple Watch.
2. Tap the current medications schedule—the medications you take in the morning, for example.
3. Tap Log All as Taken.
4. Apple Watch records the dosage, the number of units taken, and the time you took the medication.
To log individual medications, scroll down, tap a medication under Your Medications, then tap Log.
The medication’s name and time logged appears under Logged.
5. To change the status of a logged medication, tap it, tap Taken or Skipped, then tap Done.

To view the log and your medication history on your iPhone, open the Health app, tap Browse, then tap Medications.

See Track your medications in Health in the iPhone User Guide.

To change the audio and notification settings on Apple Watch, please check out this link, which goes over how to do that: Change the audio and notification settings on your Apple Watch

Adjust notifications and alerts

Learn how to manage notifications and alerts. You can change when and how you get alerts and how loud the alert is, but you can't change how it sounds. 

For additional assistance, please contact Apple Support. You might be able to reach them here: Contact Apple Support

Thank you!

Changing sound on Apple Watch medicine reminders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.