Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to install Mojave on an external hard drive and use it as the startup disk for a 2009 iMac with a bad internal drive. How do I install an OS on the external drive so I can use it as the startup drive?

I want to install Mojave on an external hard drive and use it as the startup disk for a 2009 iMac with a bad internal drive. How do I install an OS on the external drive so I can use it as the startup drive?

iMac

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 4:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 1:22 PM

Ah, Apple makes it crazy hard to post a query where you want it, yours was posted in Mojave forum.

Should not be a problem, put the Installer on , boot with Option key held down to choose the Installer...

How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/macos-sierra/id1127487414?ls=1&mt=12

Fix for 10.12 createinstallmedia "not a v… - Apple Community

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2022 1:22 PM in response to MacWasOnceGreat

Ah, Apple makes it crazy hard to post a query where you want it, yours was posted in Mojave forum.

Should not be a problem, put the Installer on , boot with Option key held down to choose the Installer...

How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/macos-sierra/id1127487414?ls=1&mt=12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.