Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone was stolen

My phone was stolen two weeks ago and i tried tracking with my brother’s phone using find my iphone, a week later he received a message from apple that the phone was found at a certain location but he have to log in to my iCloud account before seeing the location on the map which he did.

And this was sent from the account they sent him his OTPS but after logging my credentials my account was logged i felt betrayed by app. How can the let criminal have access

to our iCloud. And now I’ve bought a new phone and I can’t login my account because my email and the phone were all in the phone.

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 7:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 7:55 PM

As KaeBFly corrected suggests, you were scammed and since your login details were shared, you'll never be able to find the phone. You need to immediately contact your cellular provider and ask them to Blacklist the phone.

You also need to immediately change your Apple ID Password. It would be highly recommended you change all passwords for logins, particularly banking apps, etc.

Apple NEVER writes anyone about lost or stolen goods. But scammers prey on the innocent and you unfortunately gave them exactly what they wanted to take over your phone.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2022 7:55 PM in response to Kby1

As KaeBFly corrected suggests, you were scammed and since your login details were shared, you'll never be able to find the phone. You need to immediately contact your cellular provider and ask them to Blacklist the phone.

You also need to immediately change your Apple ID Password. It would be highly recommended you change all passwords for logins, particularly banking apps, etc.

Apple NEVER writes anyone about lost or stolen goods. But scammers prey on the innocent and you unfortunately gave them exactly what they wanted to take over your phone.

My phone was stolen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.