Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi. I am from India.. If i buy iphone 14 pro max from US can i used it India. Will it work in India?

Hi. I am from India.. If i buy iphone 14 pro max from US can i used it India. Will it work in India?

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 9:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 9:31 PM

The iPhone 14 Pro Max models sold in the US are eSIM only. It does not have a slot for a physical eSIM. The iPhone 14 Pro Max sold in India has a physical SIM card slot and has eSIM capability.

If you buy an iPhone 14 Pro Max in the US, then you have to ensure that your carrier, in India, has eSIM capability and that you can activate that iPhone. Another thing to note is that all warranty related repairs must be performed in the region where the iPhone was purchased (US). You will not be able to get your iPhone repaired under Warranty in India.

My recommendation is that you purchase your iPhone Pro Max in India to use in India and base that on the reasons mentioned above.

Axel F.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2022 9:31 PM in response to anisul0303

The iPhone 14 Pro Max models sold in the US are eSIM only. It does not have a slot for a physical eSIM. The iPhone 14 Pro Max sold in India has a physical SIM card slot and has eSIM capability.

If you buy an iPhone 14 Pro Max in the US, then you have to ensure that your carrier, in India, has eSIM capability and that you can activate that iPhone. Another thing to note is that all warranty related repairs must be performed in the region where the iPhone was purchased (US). You will not be able to get your iPhone repaired under Warranty in India.

My recommendation is that you purchase your iPhone Pro Max in India to use in India and base that on the reasons mentioned above.

Axel F.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.