Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro Max call app issue

After update from iOS 15 to iOS 16 I have problem with the call icon. I want to make a phone call and when I’m trying the screen goes white for a minute and then turns to the Home Screen. I can’t make phone calls. I tried to close it and restart the iPhone again but nothing. Any solution? Thanks in advance.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 23, 2022 12:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2022 1:12 AM

Backup, restore to factory,  and   test, then restore from backup:- 

(If the phone needs attention you will have to do this anyway)

If you can import your media to Photos or iTunes in a computer and copy important documents to a cloud server it will give you some resilience in case the restore from backup fails, or you need to ditch the backup and start as new. 

(1)          How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

(2)          Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

(3)          Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If the problem remains then do step (2) again but set up as new without restoring any backup.

If it fixes it then it is probably a rogue app or setting.

Otherwise arrange a repair

iPhone Service & Repair - Apple Support

Or

Contact - Official Apple Support

Anything other than Screen or Battery may be a replacement phone and the price is in the article under "Other damage"

See also:  Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2022 1:12 AM in response to konstantinos10

Backup, restore to factory,  and   test, then restore from backup:- 

(If the phone needs attention you will have to do this anyway)

If you can import your media to Photos or iTunes in a computer and copy important documents to a cloud server it will give you some resilience in case the restore from backup fails, or you need to ditch the backup and start as new. 

(1)          How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

(2)          Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

(3)          Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If the problem remains then do step (2) again but set up as new without restoring any backup.

If it fixes it then it is probably a rogue app or setting.

Otherwise arrange a repair

iPhone Service & Repair - Apple Support

Or

Contact - Official Apple Support

Anything other than Screen or Battery may be a replacement phone and the price is in the article under "Other damage"

See also:  Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service - Apple Support

iPhone 12 Pro Max call app issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.