Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X screen freeze after ios16 update

Just updated to iOS 16 on my iPhone X and can no longer swipe?? Means i'm stuck on lock screen without access to iPhone. Any ideas?

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 23, 2022 1:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2022 1:32 AM

First try a Forced restart

Force restart iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

That should release it.

3 replies

Oct 22, 2022 6:48 AM in response to Wumpit

This is what worked for me:

1. After updating your phone to iOS16, getting to the home screen and accessing Settings without being able to swipe might be challenging, as you have to somehow skip the "Welcome" screen - try Apple's hard reset by clicking volume up, volume down and pressing the side (power) button until the phone turns off and you see the Apple logo. If it didn't help, connect the phone to your laptop (cable connection) and try again. Try turning off and on 2-3 times with or without cable.
  2. If you were able to skip the "Welcome" screen, the next step is to unlock the screen - since swipe up isn't working, pretend you are turning your phone off by pressing the volume up + side (power) button at the same time. When you see the turn off option, click "cancel" and you should see the PIN screen now. After providing your PIN number you should be able to access your phone.
  3. Go to Settings/Accessibility/Touch/Touch Accommodations - Turn "Touch Accommodations" on. "Tap Assistance" is Off - select "Use Initial Touch Location". Your phone should start reacting to swipe. It might not be as smooth as with the default iOS15 settings, but it's pretty close, and now you can play around with other settings. Let's hope this gets fixed with the new update release. Let me know what works best for you.

iPhone X screen freeze after ios16 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.