Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I replace the battery in my AirTag and it still shows low red icon replace what do I do

I replace the battery in my AirTag and it still shows red and to replace how do I fix this problem

Posted on Sep 23, 2022 10:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 8:36 AM

Hi ted7236,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We suggest resetting the AirTag to resolve this trouble you're having. Follow the steps provided by the Apple Support article: How to reset your AirTag - Apple Support

"Here's how to reset your AirTag:

1. Press down on the polished stainless steel battery cover of your AirTag and rotate counterclockwise until the cover stops rotating.
  2. Remove the cover and the battery.*
  3. Replace the battery.
  4. Press down on the battery until you hear a sound. This sound means that the battery is connected. 
  5. When the sound finishes, repeat the process four more times, removing and replacing the battery, then pressing down on the battery until you hear a sound. You should hear a sound each time you press on the battery, for a total of five sounds. The fifth sound is different from the previous four. This indicates that the AirTag is now ready to pair.
  6. Replace the cover by aligning the three tabs on the cover with the three slots on your AirTag.
  7. Press down on the cover.
  8. Rotate the cover clockwise until it stops rotating."

Feel free to reach back out if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2022 8:36 AM in response to ted7236

Hi ted7236,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We suggest resetting the AirTag to resolve this trouble you're having. Follow the steps provided by the Apple Support article: How to reset your AirTag - Apple Support

"Here's how to reset your AirTag:

1. Press down on the polished stainless steel battery cover of your AirTag and rotate counterclockwise until the cover stops rotating.
  2. Remove the cover and the battery.*
  3. Replace the battery.
  4. Press down on the battery until you hear a sound. This sound means that the battery is connected. 
  5. When the sound finishes, repeat the process four more times, removing and replacing the battery, then pressing down on the battery until you hear a sound. You should hear a sound each time you press on the battery, for a total of five sounds. The fifth sound is different from the previous four. This indicates that the AirTag is now ready to pair.
  6. Replace the cover by aligning the three tabs on the cover with the three slots on your AirTag.
  7. Press down on the cover.
  8. Rotate the cover clockwise until it stops rotating."

Feel free to reach back out if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

I replace the battery in my AirTag and it still shows low red icon replace what do I do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.