Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My airpods pro Spatial Audio not available on my iphone 12 pro max after IOS 16

Im really sad to find this out now after my apple care+ just expired 1 day ago

i don't know what to do!

previously my airpods were just fine all settings were ok till i got them replaced for water damage later on i updated to ios 16 and i realized that my new replaced airpods spatial audio is not available i checked my warranty boom just expired 😔

can someone help me. Is it my new airpods or ios 16 or my phone

thank you in advance

Posted on Sep 23, 2022 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 9:11 AM

Hello M-Cordoviz

To help resolve this issue, on your iPhone please check to make sure the Mono Audio is disabled. This could cause the issue you're having. You can check this in Settings > Accessibility > Audio/Visual. If so, please turn it off and try to enable Spatial Audio again. Also, try different listening to different songs to see if the Spatial Audio option appears.

If the issue persists, check out the steps in this article for additional details that may help you resolve this issue: Listen with spatial audio for AirPods and Beats

Turn on spatial audio
Learn how to turn on spatial audio on your iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple TV.
Turn on spatial audio on your iPhone or iPad
1. . Make sure that you're wearing your AirPods Pro (1st or 2nd generation), AirPods Max, AirPods (3rd generation), or Beats Fit Pro, and that they're connected to your iPhone or iPad.
2.Open Control Center on your iPhone or on your iPad.
3. Touch and hold the volume control to turn on spatial audio while you're playing multichannel content or Spatialize Stereo while you're playing two-channel stereo content. This also shows you the status icons.
4. When you turn on spatial audio with head tracking, audio adjusts based on your head movement. To turn on spatial audio and dynamic head tracking, tap Head Tracked. To turn on spatial audio only, tap Fixed. To turn off spatial audio and dynamic head tracking, tap Off.

Best Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2022 9:11 AM in response to M-Cordoviz

Hello M-Cordoviz

To help resolve this issue, on your iPhone please check to make sure the Mono Audio is disabled. This could cause the issue you're having. You can check this in Settings > Accessibility > Audio/Visual. If so, please turn it off and try to enable Spatial Audio again. Also, try different listening to different songs to see if the Spatial Audio option appears.

If the issue persists, check out the steps in this article for additional details that may help you resolve this issue: Listen with spatial audio for AirPods and Beats

Turn on spatial audio
Learn how to turn on spatial audio on your iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple TV.
Turn on spatial audio on your iPhone or iPad
1. . Make sure that you're wearing your AirPods Pro (1st or 2nd generation), AirPods Max, AirPods (3rd generation), or Beats Fit Pro, and that they're connected to your iPhone or iPad.
2.Open Control Center on your iPhone or on your iPad.
3. Touch and hold the volume control to turn on spatial audio while you're playing multichannel content or Spatialize Stereo while you're playing two-channel stereo content. This also shows you the status icons.
4. When you turn on spatial audio with head tracking, audio adjusts based on your head movement. To turn on spatial audio and dynamic head tracking, tap Head Tracked. To turn on spatial audio only, tap Fixed. To turn off spatial audio and dynamic head tracking, tap Off.

Best Regards.

My airpods pro Spatial Audio not available on my iphone 12 pro max after IOS 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.