Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari freezing and crashing

Since I've updated my iPhone 11 to iOS 16, Safari freezes and crashes and I have to reboot in order to avoid the temperature going up.

Any suggestions on how to have Safari back working?

TIA

iPhone 11

Posted on Sep 23, 2022 12:45 PM

5 replies

Sep 26, 2022 9:15 AM in response to MaAmritNirava

Hello MaAmritNirava.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Sounds like you need some help with Safari. If so, we'd like to recommends some steps you can try to see if that helps sort this out. First, try to force close the app. This usually helps refresh things. Follow these steps here: Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

On iPhone X and later:

1.) From the Home Screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause in the middle of the screen.
2.) Swipe right or left to find the app that you want to close. 
3.) Swipe up on the app's preview to close the app. 

You can also try clearing your Safari history. This step usually has a positive result for when facing Safari issues:

Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

To clear your history and cookies, go to Settings > Safari, and tap Clear History and Website Data. Clearing your history, cookies, and browsing data from Safari won't change your AutoFill information.

Also, double check to see if your iPhone is using the most latest version of iOS 16. If you have a pending update, we recommend that you install it. Keeping your device fully update can help resolve various issues. Just in case, this resource can guide you through the update: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Cheers.

Safari freezing and crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.