Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery health heavy drain

why After i updated ios 16 my battery health on iPhone 11 its drain too much i think its is a bug ❓because im not heavy gaming or heavy social and i don't play with charging but my battery health dropped for 89 now 85 but why and battery life is low please fix this bug apple in the next update. tq

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 23, 2022 2:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2022 5:39 AM

The day to day doesn’t mean much, as it isn’t always linear. I already told you what matters: HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN SINCE THE PHONE WAS NEW? If the phone was new 15 months or more ago then the battery is fine.

There are things you can do that will cause the battery to lose capacity faster, such as routinely draining it below 10%, or worse, until it shuts off. Or never letting it reach full charge. Or following some of the fake advice in Youtube videos. But there are things you can do that will minimize capacity loss.

The absolute best way to get maximum use on a charge, as well as slow the decline of battery capacity long term is to enable Optimized Battery Charging (Settings/Battery/Battery Health) and charge the device overnight, every night. The battery will fast charge to 80%, then pause. During the nighttime pause the phone will use mains power instead of battery power, allowing the battery to “rest”, and thus reducing the need to charge the battery quite as often. The phone will resume charging to reach 100% when you are ready to use your phone; it will “learn” your usage pattern. If you enable iCloud Backup (Settings/[your name]/iCloud - iCloud Backup) the phone will back up overnight also, assuring that you can never lose more than the current day’s updates. Here's more information→About Optimized Battery Charging on your iPhone - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2022 5:39 AM in response to sulthan0001

The day to day doesn’t mean much, as it isn’t always linear. I already told you what matters: HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN SINCE THE PHONE WAS NEW? If the phone was new 15 months or more ago then the battery is fine.

There are things you can do that will cause the battery to lose capacity faster, such as routinely draining it below 10%, or worse, until it shuts off. Or never letting it reach full charge. Or following some of the fake advice in Youtube videos. But there are things you can do that will minimize capacity loss.

The absolute best way to get maximum use on a charge, as well as slow the decline of battery capacity long term is to enable Optimized Battery Charging (Settings/Battery/Battery Health) and charge the device overnight, every night. The battery will fast charge to 80%, then pause. During the nighttime pause the phone will use mains power instead of battery power, allowing the battery to “rest”, and thus reducing the need to charge the battery quite as often. The phone will resume charging to reach 100% when you are ready to use your phone; it will “learn” your usage pattern. If you enable iCloud Backup (Settings/[your name]/iCloud - iCloud Backup) the phone will back up overnight also, assuring that you can never lose more than the current day’s updates. Here's more information→About Optimized Battery Charging on your iPhone - Apple Support

Battery health heavy drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.