Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop verifying Adobe

Verifying Adobe is very slow lately on my MacBook Pro. This is a 16" i9 late 2019 model, 32 gb ram, 5500m. Is there a way to turn that off? Or switch it to verify as soon as the update happens, instead of when I am actually trying to get work done? I'll take the risk of Adobe installing malware on my computer, versus having to wait 1-2 minutes before I can start loading an app.

Having to wait for that verify thing just to do something simple, like export an image sequence as h.264 from Media Encoder, or save a tiff as a jpg in Photoshop is pretty annoying too. I often need to do something quickly on my laptop, and the verify wait just adds stress.

...Luckily, I don't have this problem on my main workstation, since it's a Windows desktop.

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Sep 23, 2022 3:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2022 4:08 PM

Each time that you update an Adobe application, when that is finished, right-click on each affected Adobe app and choose Open. This will verify the application and there should be no further verification necessary until the next application update.

Similar questions

1 reply

Stop verifying Adobe

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.