Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 16 inch 2019 shuts down after turning on for a whilw

Hi, I have the 2019 MacBook Pro 16, and recently it is having the issue of shutting down after turning and stay on for a while.

I tried many methods (like all sorts of resetting)and I even erased the hard drive but it still shuts down even in the middle of reinstalling the system.

what could be the cause of this problem? Is there anything else I can try before having it check and fix in a store?

Posted on Sep 23, 2022 9:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2022 5:09 AM

Hi,

Try to check your MacBook Pro with Apple Diagnostics if it reports something hardware related error.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

If it doesn't help or reported error, take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2022 5:09 AM in response to michaelzeng

Hi,

Try to check your MacBook Pro with Apple Diagnostics if it reports something hardware related error.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

If it doesn't help or reported error, take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations - Apple

MacBook Pro 16 inch 2019 shuts down after turning on for a whilw

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.