Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My touch bar disappeared

My macbook pro was working just fine but suddenly my touch bar became unresponsive, when i restarted my Mac the touch bar disappeared. I even tried reinstalling the whole operating software again but it didn't help. The touch bar returned mysteriously only to become unresponsive again and then disappear.

It appears sometimes when i restart after a long time but becomes unresponsive and then disappears. The touch id works just fine.

Please help!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Sep 24, 2022 3:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 9:17 AM

ananya49 wrote:

My macbook pro was working just fine but suddenly my touch bar became unresponsive, when i restarted my Mac the touch bar disappeared. I even tried reinstalling the whole operating software again but it didn't help. The touch bar returned mysteriously only to become unresponsive again and then disappear.
It appears sometimes when i restart after a long time but becomes unresponsive and then disappears. The touch id works just fine.
Please help!

Typically this would indicate a hardware fault...

On a Intel Mac you can try both—

Try resetting the SMC Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support see the details.

Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

(get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NRAM Reset)

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair Service Mac Service & Repair - Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2022 9:17 AM in response to ananya49

ananya49 wrote:

Please help!

Typically this would indicate a hardware fault...

On a Intel Mac you can try both—

Try resetting the SMC Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support see the details.

Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

(get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NRAM Reset)

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair Service Mac Service & Repair - Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

My touch bar disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.