Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Earbuds not working

My ear buds work on my other computer but for my laptop it works on everything but iTunes. Sound comes through laptop speaker. How can i correct

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 24, 2022 8:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 1:18 PM

Hey there Faith1904,

It sounds like this may be something you'll need to reach out to the manufacturer of the earbuds, or even Microsoft, but we'd like to help rule out what we can by confirming the following:

1. You mentioned the same earbuds works without any issues on your other computer with iTunes, along with other sounds from your current laptop, but just not with iTunes. This does narrow down the issue to your laptop itself. That being said, is iTunes up to date, along with all Microsoft updates being installed? Just in case, this link shows how to obtain the latest version of iTunes: Update to the latest version of iTunes
  2. Have you already tried a restart of your laptop?
  3. Who's the manufacturer of your earbuds?

Cheers!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2022 1:18 PM in response to Faith1904

Hey there Faith1904,

It sounds like this may be something you'll need to reach out to the manufacturer of the earbuds, or even Microsoft, but we'd like to help rule out what we can by confirming the following:

1. You mentioned the same earbuds works without any issues on your other computer with iTunes, along with other sounds from your current laptop, but just not with iTunes. This does narrow down the issue to your laptop itself. That being said, is iTunes up to date, along with all Microsoft updates being installed? Just in case, this link shows how to obtain the latest version of iTunes: Update to the latest version of iTunes
  2. Have you already tried a restart of your laptop?
  3. Who's the manufacturer of your earbuds?

Cheers!

Sep 26, 2022 3:01 PM in response to Faith1904

Faith1904,

Got it. There is a setting for playback that will vary depending on how your PC handles audio which might prevent audio from appropriate routing to your headphones:

1. Open iTunes
  2. Click on Edit then Preferences from the Menu bar.
  3. Click on 'Playback' to enter the playback section.
  4. Next to 'Play Audio Using,' set it to Windows Audio Session or Direct Sound. If you're not sure which to use, test both to see if sound is produced. You will have to restart iTunes in order to test if it changes audio.

Take care.

Earbuds not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.