Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad wont stay connected to my Wi-Fi.

My iPad will not stay connected to my Wi-Fi.

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 24, 2022 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2022 2:29 PM

Hi, marilynfrommagalia.

I see that you are having some problems with your iPad staying connected, and here are a few tips:

• You might be getting low signal quality from the router.
  • The router settings so not match your iPad(R)’s radio settings.

What I will recommend to solve this problem is to:

• Make sure that you are within the range of the WI-FI network you are connected to.
  • You can also turn WI-FI on and of.
  • Forget the network you are connected to and reconnect to is

Or…

• You can restart the iPad and the Router.

I hope that solved your problem, marilynfrommagalia, and I hope you have a good day.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2022 2:29 PM in response to marilynfrommagalia

Hi, marilynfrommagalia.

I see that you are having some problems with your iPad staying connected, and here are a few tips:

• You might be getting low signal quality from the router.
  • The router settings so not match your iPad(R)’s radio settings.

What I will recommend to solve this problem is to:

• Make sure that you are within the range of the WI-FI network you are connected to.
  • You can also turn WI-FI on and of.
  • Forget the network you are connected to and reconnect to is

Or…

• You can restart the iPad and the Router.

I hope that solved your problem, marilynfrommagalia, and I hope you have a good day.

Sep 24, 2022 2:37 PM in response to marilynfrommagalia

marilynfrommagalia Said:

"My iPad will not stay connected to my Wi-Fi."

-------

Troubleshooting iPad WiFi:

A. Delete a VPN:

VPN is a common a culprit. So, disconnect from it, unless required for work, school, and such.

B. Start Here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t Connect to a Wi-Fi Network - Apple Support

C. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

If Wifi is disconnecting, try clearing out your Temporary Internet FilesHistoryCache, and CookiesGo Here: Clear your Safari Browser History and Set Up Content Blockers on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

D. Report this to Apple:

Did you just update your device?

Do your part: Let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they received on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPad - Apple
  2. Comment: when this all began, and how you have troubleshot this thus far. Include the URL or this thread.
  3. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  4. Proceed from there aw necessary

Sep 24, 2022 3:08 PM in response to marilynfrommagalia

If the iPad disconnects when idle (sleep/locked) you may need to verify the your WiFi Settings for each of your configured WiFi Networks - ensuring that they are set to Auto Join:

Settings > WiFi > [WiFi Network / SSID] - tap the “i” icon - set Auto-Join to ON

Unless Auto-Join is enabled, your iPad will not automatically reconnect to the WiFi network when resuming from sleep - or when coming into range of your WiFi network.

Auto-Join is enabled/disabled for each configured WiFi network.

My iPad wont stay connected to my Wi-Fi.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.