Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display names of songs and albums in the original language

Hi here,

I`d like to know how I could have songs and albums in my local library displayed in their original languages. I purchase and download all the stuff from iTunes store (not Apple Music) and songs, my store settings, iTunes interface language, and PC system language are all in Japanese. I found this to be a problem on PC only and everything looks just fine on my Mac. Thanks for any answers and have a good day!

Kind regards,

Chang

Posted on Sep 24, 2022 4:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 2:29 AM

The text labels used in the menus and displays of an application are designed to be customised to the user's language, either using a system language as happens on a Mac, or a user choice in preferences in Windows (Edit > Preferences > General > Language). Track metadata is embedded in files and is fixed to whatever language it was in when the item was submitted to the store or ripped from CD. There is no automated translation going on. Track details should remain the same if you copy tracks from one library to another, even if the application is displaying a different language.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2022 2:29 AM in response to OMGcatt

The text labels used in the menus and displays of an application are designed to be customised to the user's language, either using a system language as happens on a Mac, or a user choice in preferences in Windows (Edit > Preferences > General > Language). Track metadata is embedded in files and is fixed to whatever language it was in when the item was submitted to the store or ripped from CD. There is no automated translation going on. Track details should remain the same if you copy tracks from one library to another, even if the application is displaying a different language.

tt2

Display names of songs and albums in the original language

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.