Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new iphone 13 pro max battery drain quickly

I already purchased a new iphone 3 weeks ago ( 13 pro max - blue sierra 256 gb .. i have a problem because battery drain quickly ..i did update my software to latest ios 16.0.2 , I didn’t use my brightness on full , i did turned off location service, i did turned off app refresh on background, i did turned off tracking app on location service, i did run low power mode , i did forced restart to my device, i did reset all my settings and installed a new software to my device and still my battery drain quickly

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 24, 2022 11:20 PM

1 reply

Sep 26, 2022 5:36 PM in response to AwsDhafer

Hello AwsDhafer,

Based on what we are seeing here, the battery lost about 15% of its charge over a 5 hour time period. This would seem to be well within normal expectations, even with Low Power Mode enabled.

Some things to keep in mind after updating your iPhone is that it is not unusual for your battery life to be a little shorter for a couple days after updating. Your iPhone needs to download app data, sync contacts, index search results and in general complete the digital housekeeping required for a new iOS version. This can cause a bit of a drain that you don't typically see happening. 

If your battery is still in good shape, there are some adjustments that can help improve the battery life. 

First, you can adjust the display settings on your device. Take a look at the steps outlined here: Adjust the brightness and color temperature on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

A Wi-Fi connection uses less battery power than a cellular network. When you’re using your device to access the internet, make sure that Wi-Fi is on if possible. Go to Settings > Wi-Fi and choose a Wi-Fi network. 

If you’re using cellular, make sure to use the fastest available network. For example, a 4G network uses less battery than a 3G network. The faster your network connection is, the less time and energy it’ll take to access things on your device.

Another step you can take is to adjust your notifications. Notifications that show up on your lock screen will wake your device each time, which can affect battery life. To minimize the battery usage from notifications, go to Settings > Notifications.

You can also turn off Background App Refresh. Some apps frequently refresh or run in the background on your device. To minimize the effect on your battery life, turn off Background App Refresh. You can go to Settings > [App Name] > Background App Refresh.

You can also turn on low power mode. This reduces power consumption until you turn it off or charge your iPhone to 80%. When low power mode is on, certain settings and features like mail fetch, Hey Siri, Background App Refresh, and some visual effects are reduced or disabled. Go to Settings > Battery to enable Low Power Mode. Check out this article which explains Low Power Mode in more detail: Use Low Power Mode to save battery life on your iPhone - Apple Support

We also want you to be aware that as your iPhone battery ages, it’s not unusual for you to have to charge it more frequently. To learn more about what you can expect from your iPhone battery, check out this link: iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

Have a good day. 

My new iphone 13 pro max battery drain quickly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.