Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old Charger, New iPhone 14 Pro

Hello. Can I use the old usb type charger with the 5W power adapter on my new iPhone 14 Pro phone? I have old chargers from my prior iPhones, and I'm wondering if they will damage my new iPhone.

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 3:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 3:37 PM

They won't damage the iPhone14 Pro. Apple encourages use of the old power adapter. See the following from Buy iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max - Apple

We encourage you to re‑use your current USB‑A to Lightning cables, power adapters, and headphones, which are compatible with these iPhone models. But if you need any new Apple power adapters or headphones, they are available for purchase.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2022 3:37 PM in response to Xyllzhane

They won't damage the iPhone14 Pro. Apple encourages use of the old power adapter. See the following from Buy iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max - Apple

We encourage you to re‑use your current USB‑A to Lightning cables, power adapters, and headphones, which are compatible with these iPhone models. But if you need any new Apple power adapters or headphones, they are available for purchase.

Old Charger, New iPhone 14 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.