Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No option to remove photo data from imessages?

I know there are options to disable all photo info when sharing directly from the photo app, but are there any options to remove data if we're sharing directly from the iMessage app?

thanks

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 2:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 2:44 PM

I understand that you are referring the Exif data associated with an image taken with a digital camera. Yes, as you know, you can remove the data or even edit it in the Photo app. No, there is no direct way to edit/remove the Exif data when sending/sharing directly from the Messages app. You would have to save the photo/image to the Photos app first and then edit and share from there as you have been.

Furthermore, You can suggest this feature directly to Apple by leaving a product feedback here 👉Product Feedback - Apple 

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2022 2:44 PM in response to kevng9

I understand that you are referring the Exif data associated with an image taken with a digital camera. Yes, as you know, you can remove the data or even edit it in the Photo app. No, there is no direct way to edit/remove the Exif data when sending/sharing directly from the Messages app. You would have to save the photo/image to the Photos app first and then edit and share from there as you have been.

Furthermore, You can suggest this feature directly to Apple by leaving a product feedback here 👉Product Feedback - Apple 

Axel F.

No option to remove photo data from imessages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.