Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Monterey 12.6 cant install garageband

I was not able to open garageband. I deleted the app and tried re-downloading it from the app store. I got a message saying that garageband could not be installed on my computer. I'm running Monterey 12.6 and have over 50 GB of free storage. How can I get garageband?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 11:09 AM

Hi kathleenfromashland,

Let's resolve the issue with downloading GarageBand by completing the steps listed here: If you can't download or update apps on your Mac - Apple Support that are also below.

1. Is the App Store available?
Check Apple’s System Status page to find out if the App Store is temporarily unavailable in your country or region.

2. Manually update the app
Open the App Store and update the app manually.
Learn what to do if a message says that you can't connect to the App Store.

3. Are you signed in with the correct Apple ID?
If you have more than one Apple ID, make sure that you’re signed in with the correct Apple ID.

4. Do you have a valid payment method on file?
You might need to have a payment method on file, even if the app that you want to download is free. Check the payment method you have on file and make sure that it isn't expired, declined, or failed.
If you can't update apps and a message says that “your account is disabled in the App Store”, contact Apple Support.

5. Restart your Mac
Restart your Mac. Then check whether you can download or update apps.

6. Contact Apple
If you still can't download or update apps on your Mac, contact Apple Support.

Best regards

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2022 11:09 AM in response to kathleenfromashland

Hi kathleenfromashland,

Let's resolve the issue with downloading GarageBand by completing the steps listed here: If you can't download or update apps on your Mac - Apple Support that are also below.

1. Is the App Store available?
Check Apple’s System Status page to find out if the App Store is temporarily unavailable in your country or region.

2. Manually update the app
Open the App Store and update the app manually.
Learn what to do if a message says that you can't connect to the App Store.

3. Are you signed in with the correct Apple ID?
If you have more than one Apple ID, make sure that you’re signed in with the correct Apple ID.

4. Do you have a valid payment method on file?
You might need to have a payment method on file, even if the app that you want to download is free. Check the payment method you have on file and make sure that it isn't expired, declined, or failed.
If you can't update apps and a message says that “your account is disabled in the App Store”, contact Apple Support.

5. Restart your Mac
Restart your Mac. Then check whether you can download or update apps.

6. Contact Apple
If you still can't download or update apps on your Mac, contact Apple Support.

Best regards

MacOS Monterey 12.6 cant install garageband

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.