Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cant restore my iphone

my iphone cant be restored. It has unknown error (10)

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 6:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 11:49 PM

See this Apple article: iOS update and restore errors

iOS update and restore errors – Apple Support (UK)

⤵️

Update the software on your Mac or PC

If you see error 10, your iOS device may have a newer version of iOS than is supported by your computer. You'll need to update the software on your Mac or iTunes on Windows before you can update or restore your iOS device.

macOS 10.11 and later:

1. Disconnect and then reconnect your iOS device to your computer. You may need to unlock your iOS device before it is recognised by your Mac.
  2. When you see a message that says a software update is required to connect to your iOS device, click Install to download and install the software so your Mac can update or restore your iOS device.

Windows: Update to the latest version of iTunes.

If you continue to see error 10, or you don't see a dialogue asking you to update the software on your Mac, contact Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2022 11:49 PM in response to Kmatibag

See this Apple article: iOS update and restore errors

iOS update and restore errors – Apple Support (UK)

⤵️

Update the software on your Mac or PC

If you see error 10, your iOS device may have a newer version of iOS than is supported by your computer. You'll need to update the software on your Mac or iTunes on Windows before you can update or restore your iOS device.

macOS 10.11 and later:

1. Disconnect and then reconnect your iOS device to your computer. You may need to unlock your iOS device before it is recognised by your Mac.
  2. When you see a message that says a software update is required to connect to your iOS device, click Install to download and install the software so your Mac can update or restore your iOS device.

Windows: Update to the latest version of iTunes.

If you continue to see error 10, or you don't see a dialogue asking you to update the software on your Mac, contact Apple Support.

i cant restore my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.