Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where to I put my app specific password

Where will I use my app specific password I am never asked for it

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 6:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 8:43 AM

App-specific passwords are used for 3rd-party (non-Apple) apps. For example, if you want to use the Microsoft Mail app on a Windows PC to connect to your iCloud email. You enter the app-specific password in that Mail app where you would normally enter your Apple ID password.

Also see the following from Sign in to apps with your Apple ID using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

App-specific passwords allow you to securely use your Apple ID to sign in to apps made by developers other than Apple.

Some apps made by developers other than Apple ask you to sign in with your Apple ID, so that the app can access information like mail, contacts, and calendars that you store in iCloud. To help make sure that your Apple ID password can't be stored or collected by the app, you can choose to create an Apple ID password to use only with that app.

You use this app-specific password when the app asks you to sign in with your Apple ID.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2022 8:43 AM in response to reccek

App-specific passwords are used for 3rd-party (non-Apple) apps. For example, if you want to use the Microsoft Mail app on a Windows PC to connect to your iCloud email. You enter the app-specific password in that Mail app where you would normally enter your Apple ID password.

Also see the following from Sign in to apps with your Apple ID using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

App-specific passwords allow you to securely use your Apple ID to sign in to apps made by developers other than Apple.

Some apps made by developers other than Apple ask you to sign in with your Apple ID, so that the app can access information like mail, contacts, and calendars that you store in iCloud. To help make sure that your Apple ID password can't be stored or collected by the app, you can choose to create an Apple ID password to use only with that app.

You use this app-specific password when the app asks you to sign in with your Apple ID.

Where to I put my app specific password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.