Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have others owning MacBook Air 2017 had trouble with the power cord not cgarging

Have others owning MacBook Air 2017 had trouble with the power cord not charging?

MacBook Air

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 7:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 8:20 PM

Bobbycakes Said:

"Have others owning MacBook Air 2017 had trouble with the power cord not charging?"

-------

Yes. I have come across this. My 2017 13" MacBook Air had this issue. To solve it, I Reset the SMC and the NVRAM thrice. Find out more about this below (A.).

Troubleshooting Mac Charge:

Refer to the following....

A. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Based Macs Only): Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. Updates), system configurations (i.e. for Power) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Try performing each thrice. It may take sometime, being certain you have the time to perform these resets.

B. Try a New Charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to for Power:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2022 8:20 PM in response to Bobbycakes

Bobbycakes Said:

"Have others owning MacBook Air 2017 had trouble with the power cord not charging?"

-------

Yes. I have come across this. My 2017 13" MacBook Air had this issue. To solve it, I Reset the SMC and the NVRAM thrice. Find out more about this below (A.).

Troubleshooting Mac Charge:

Refer to the following....

A. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Based Macs Only): Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. Updates), system configurations (i.e. for Power) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Try performing each thrice. It may take sometime, being certain you have the time to perform these resets.

B. Try a New Charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to for Power:

Have others owning MacBook Air 2017 had trouble with the power cord not cgarging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.