Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not getting IOS 16 in XR

Since everybody around is updated to IOS 16 my XR still showing upto date with IOS 15.7 and IOS 16 is not available please tell me why ?

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 9:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 9:53 PM

iPhone XR is an old edition. The new iOS 16 now is suitable for new iPhones like iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 pro but old iPhones might not be able to get the update message.It is an ordinary problem. A few years ago my iPhone 6s encountered the same problem. The old device is always the last to get the new edition. Just wait some days and the bubble “1” will possibly appear at the corner of the “settings” logo.

My Opinions

Why you want to update your Xr to iOS 16?Heartily I think it’s enough to just keep it in the old os. In my surroundings, many guys have got their iPhone updated and now they’re regretting. It will shorten your battery life! The new movement might be delicate but the price is a great deal of electricity consumption. Briefly, it’s better for you to be conservative, keeping your iPhone stay in iOS 15.7. So do my 13 pro.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2022 9:53 PM in response to DhruvaAgarwal

iPhone XR is an old edition. The new iOS 16 now is suitable for new iPhones like iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 pro but old iPhones might not be able to get the update message.It is an ordinary problem. A few years ago my iPhone 6s encountered the same problem. The old device is always the last to get the new edition. Just wait some days and the bubble “1” will possibly appear at the corner of the “settings” logo.

My Opinions

Why you want to update your Xr to iOS 16?Heartily I think it’s enough to just keep it in the old os. In my surroundings, many guys have got their iPhone updated and now they’re regretting. It will shorten your battery life! The new movement might be delicate but the price is a great deal of electricity consumption. Briefly, it’s better for you to be conservative, keeping your iPhone stay in iOS 15.7. So do my 13 pro.

Not getting IOS 16 in XR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.