Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am not able to activate my FaceTime please help. My sms is active and working fine

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 11:40 PM

1 reply

Sep 27, 2022 2:39 PM in response to ShivanshSaurya

Hello ShivanshSaurya,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, you're receiving a message that FaceTime activation is unsuccessful. We'er here to help!

When activating iMessage or FaceTime, you might see one of these messages:
Waiting for activation
Activation unsuccessful
An error occurred during activation
Could not sign in, please check your network connection
Unable to contact the iMessage server. Try again.
Check your device settings
Make sure that you’re connected to a cellular data or Wi-Fi network. 
If you're using an iPhone, you need SMS messaging to activate your phone number with iMessage and FaceTime. Depending on your carrier, you might be charged for this SMS.
Go to Settings > General > Date & Time and make sure that your time zone is set correctly.
Turn off and restart iMessage and FaceTime
Go to Settings > Messages and turn off iMessage.
Go to Settings > FaceTime and turn off FaceTime.
Restart your device:
iPhone
iPad
iPod touch
Turn iMessage and FaceTime back on.
Still not activated after a day? 
It might take up to 24 hours to activate iMessage and FaceTime. If the issue continues after 24 hours, follow these steps:
Make sure that your device has the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
If you're using an iPhone, contact your carrier to make sure that you can send and receive SMS messages.
Make sure you can send and receive SMS. If a prompt appears stating "Your carrier may charge for SMS messages used to activate FaceTime and iMessage", tap "OK" to allow possible SMS charges.
Contact Apple Support.
Get more help
You can also use your email address with iMessage and FaceTime. Sign in to your Apple ID account page and review all the email addresses you have on file, including the one that you're trying to verify. If the email address is incorrect, you can update it. Then click Resend next to the email address that you want to verify.
FaceTime isn't available in all countries or regions.

If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

I am not able to activate my FaceTime please help. My sms is active and working fine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.