Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Cinema Display to my new Macbook Pro.

How can I connect an older Apple Cinema Display to my new Macbook Pro?

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 8:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 9:26 AM

If you have correctly identified your display, it should have has exactly three connectors in its lead-in cable. They are MagSafe output, USB-A, and Mini DisplayPort.

For that display, you need an adapter from USB-C on your computer to Mini DisplayPort JACK, into which you will plug the mini DisplayPort Plug. like this one:

Monoprice Select Series USB-C to Mini DisplayPort Adapter - Product # 24273 - $14.99

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2022 9:26 AM in response to rickvanderleek

If you have correctly identified your display, it should have has exactly three connectors in its lead-in cable. They are MagSafe output, USB-A, and Mini DisplayPort.

For that display, you need an adapter from USB-C on your computer to Mini DisplayPort JACK, into which you will plug the mini DisplayPort Plug. like this one:

Monoprice Select Series USB-C to Mini DisplayPort Adapter - Product # 24273 - $14.99

Apple Cinema Display to my new Macbook Pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.