Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete a tab group in safari?

iMac 27″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 3:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 12:51 PM

Thank you fissaj - your trick worked - the tab group is really annoying if you dont want it but your trick worked for me in deleting the tab groups I accidentally created. Apple did a terrible job on the tab group design.

14 replies

Sep 28, 2022 3:33 PM in response to DeleteTabGroupinSafari

Hello DeleteTabGroupinSafari,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We want to help you delete the Tab Group on your Mac. Use these steps:

• "Delete a Tab Group: In the sidebar, Control-click a Tab Group, then choose Delete."

This Apple Support page has the full details to better assist you and answer your question: Edit and customize Tab Groups in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

We hope this helps to delete the Tab Group as you want.

Cheers!

Sep 28, 2022 4:20 PM in response to justin_900

Could NOT delete "Tab Group Favorites" with your suggestion.

I can delete other tabs & groups. I want to make "Tab Group Favorites" Go Away, forever! I already have a "Favorites."

Editing/managing Safari bookmarks is the most arcane, ****-poorly designed/programed aspect of the Mac OS.

Why should anyone have to use "Edit Bookmarks" and then use the sidebar controls.

Jeff

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.