Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgraded to iOS 16, Now Missing Parts of Contacts

I upgraded to iOS 16 and now when I look up a contact (in Contacts, of course) on my iPhone 13 Pro Max I find I am missing part of the information I previously had available to me, such as a contact's street address.

Suggestions to fix this will be most appreciated.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 6:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 4:31 PM

Hi Bob,

It seems you need some help with Contacts and we want to help.

Have you removed any contacts accounts that could be affecting this data?

Make sure you add back any accounts you might have removed:

Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If iCloud is your only source of Contacts, then try logging into the iCloud website and viewing your contacts there or restoring an earlier version of iCloud contacts:

View contacts on iCloud.com

Restore contacts stored in iCloud on iCloud.com

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2022 4:31 PM in response to Bob Baron

Hi Bob,

It seems you need some help with Contacts and we want to help.

Have you removed any contacts accounts that could be affecting this data?

Make sure you add back any accounts you might have removed:

Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If iCloud is your only source of Contacts, then try logging into the iCloud website and viewing your contacts there or restoring an earlier version of iCloud contacts:

View contacts on iCloud.com

Restore contacts stored in iCloud on iCloud.com

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Sep 29, 2022 5:49 AM in response to Bob Baron

Bob, 

It’s nice to hear that you’re seeing more of your contact’s data and we hope syncing with your Outlook account again resolves the situation. Just keep in mind that as of right now, your contact data is stored in two different places. 

As for the Music library. Are you an Apple Music subscriber? If so, engaging Sync Library should keep your library synced with iCloud and any music purchased from the iTunes Store can be redownloaded. Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music 

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
1. Go to Settings > Music.
2. Turn on Sync Library. If you don't subscribe to Apple Music or iTunes Match, you won’t see an option to turn on Sync Library.
If Sync Library is updating or turned off, you'll see a message at the top of the Library tab in the Apple Music app.

Thanks. 

Sep 28, 2022 6:55 PM in response to Rigo_O86

Thanks, Rigo.

To the best of my knowledge I did not remove any contacts or contact accounts when upgrading the iOS to 16.0. It appears that any such removal occurred during the upgrade process without my knowledge or intervention.

This is not an issue I have dealt with during my many years of iPhone use so I appreciate your advice.

I looked at the contacts account lists for something I may have had that I could remember as now being missing and the closest I could come is an Outlook account so I added it back to the active list and rebooted my phone and it may have solved this problem, although I can't yet sign an affidavit because I have many contacts and do not remember what all they are.

I shall keep my fingers crossed.

On a similar issue I have heard from friends who have lost their iTunes libraries during upgrades and I am worried about that happening to me.

Thanks again,

--Bob

Upgraded to iOS 16, Now Missing Parts of Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.