Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

many years of icloud photo are lost

I recently noticed that years of my photos from icloud photo library. They were not "DELETED" for sure.

Mostly I have thousands of photo per year. Now my icloud library has no photos for some years and just 1 photo left for some other years.

Specifically I lost photos upto 2017 September.

On the other hand, I use Google Photo at the same time, and Google has all photos from 2002.

I have 2TB icloud storage sharing with my family. Its usage has been under 500GB so far.

I checked my wife's icloud photo and her account has same problem.

I talked with Apple Support and they had no clue.

Anyone has same problem and any idea ?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 7:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 7:49 PM

younghik Said:

"many years of icloud photo are lost: I recently noticed that years of my photos from icloud photo library. They were not 'DELETED' for sure. [...]I talked with Apple Support and they had no clue. Anyone has same problem and any idea ?"

-------

Perform this the old-fashioned way...

Troubleshooting Lost Photos:

Loss of data is something you would have agreed to upon opening an Apple Account. So, if the following does not work, then they are gone. That's just the way it is :(

Four Tactics to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

B. Check iCloud Directly:

See if they reside in iCloud Photos. Log in here: https://www.icloud.com/photos

C. Use a Time Machine Backup:

Did you backup your Mac, recently? If so, then restore your Mac from that. You'd backup you Mac prior to doing so, and then restore your data from the backup you just created, through use of Migration Assistant.

D. Where Else to Check:

• PC
  • PDA
  • eMail
  • Mac Device
  • Cloud Storage
  • Android Phone
  • USB Flash Drive
  • External Hard drive
  • Secure Digital Card
  • Compact Flash Card
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2022 7:49 PM in response to yongshik

younghik Said:

"many years of icloud photo are lost: I recently noticed that years of my photos from icloud photo library. They were not 'DELETED' for sure. [...]I talked with Apple Support and they had no clue. Anyone has same problem and any idea ?"

-------

Perform this the old-fashioned way...

Troubleshooting Lost Photos:

Loss of data is something you would have agreed to upon opening an Apple Account. So, if the following does not work, then they are gone. That's just the way it is :(

Four Tactics to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

B. Check iCloud Directly:

See if they reside in iCloud Photos. Log in here: https://www.icloud.com/photos

C. Use a Time Machine Backup:

Did you backup your Mac, recently? If so, then restore your Mac from that. You'd backup you Mac prior to doing so, and then restore your data from the backup you just created, through use of Migration Assistant.

D. Where Else to Check:

• PC
  • PDA
  • eMail
  • Mac Device
  • Cloud Storage
  • Android Phone
  • USB Flash Drive
  • External Hard drive
  • Secure Digital Card
  • Compact Flash Card

many years of icloud photo are lost

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.