Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Right Side speaker not working

I'm currently using a M1 Macbook pro (2020), few days ago my right speaker stopped working,when I slide the balancing slide(system preferences > sound) extreme right, some sounds still come from the left speaker. If I slide to the extreme left, the volume increases slightly

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 2:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 4:28 PM

Try using headphones or external speakers to see if they have the same issue. If they work, then the internal speaker is bad and will need to be repaired.

If you don't have headphones or external speakers, then try booting into Safe Mode to see if it still has the problem. Maybe even try creating a new macOS user account, log out of the current user account, then log into the new user account. Do you still have the same issue? If either Safe Mode or another user account works, then it means you have a software issue or configuration issue. If neither one works, then you have a hardware issue with the internal speaker which will need to be repaired.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2022 4:28 PM in response to SHINIG4MI2049

Try using headphones or external speakers to see if they have the same issue. If they work, then the internal speaker is bad and will need to be repaired.

If you don't have headphones or external speakers, then try booting into Safe Mode to see if it still has the problem. Maybe even try creating a new macOS user account, log out of the current user account, then log into the new user account. Do you still have the same issue? If either Safe Mode or another user account works, then it means you have a software issue or configuration issue. If neither one works, then you have a hardware issue with the internal speaker which will need to be repaired.

Right Side speaker not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.