Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I turn on Cursor and Keyboard on my iPad to make Universal Control work?

I want to use Universal Control between an OSX Monterey 12.6 Mac and an iPadOS 15 iPad mini 4.

When I try to move my mouse icon from my Mac to the iPad the icon does not appear on the iPad screen.

I have enabled Handoff on the iPad as instructed by Apple's technical article Universal Control: Use a single keyboard and mouse between Mac and iPad - Apple Support

The technical article says to "Turn on Cursor" on the iPad. Where is that menu item?

Universal Control works between my Mac and another one (also OSX Monterey 12.6) on the same desk so the Mac side of things must be OK.

Thanks for any help.

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 3:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 9:17 AM

Sorry, but Universal Control is not support on a 2015 iPad Mini 4.

2019 iPad Mini 5 and 2021 iPad Mini 6 are the ONLY iPad Mini devices that support Universal Control.

Sorry.

2 replies

How can I turn on Cursor and Keyboard on my iPad to make Universal Control work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.