Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Right or left AirPod Pro frequently doesn't charge and AirPods random connect to devices while in the case charging

I often end up with situation depicted below or the opposite where one AirPod Pro charges and the other doesn't. My AirPods are only 3 months old, the case is not dirty and the AirPods are not dirty, the contacts look clean. I can't tell why this happens to one or the other.

It seems like it might be related to another problem. My iPad Pro, iPhone Pro 12 and MacBook Pro (Intel, 2020) all have little popups that say "your AirPods are connected" constantly while they're in the case presumably to charge. It seems like there is no good reason for them to be connecting while they're inside the case since you can't use them while inside the case. I wonder if this is connected to the battery drain of just one AirPod? The only way to stop this is to turn off Bluetooth on all my devices which is very inconvenient and undesirable since I have other things I want to keep connected by bluetooth when not using AirPods. All devices are running the latest software at all times. I've had this problem for 1-2 months, I didn't notice it in the first month after buying the AirPods Pro. The only device I'm not sure has the latest software are the AirPods Pro themselves since I don't know how to check or update their software/firmware.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Model: AirPods Pro

Model Number: A2084

Version: 4E71

Case: 1.3.8

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 4:22 AM

1 reply

Sep 29, 2022 5:58 AM in response to brsm1990

Hi brsm1990,

It seems you're having trouble charging your AirPods Pro and we want to help.

Check out these steps for cleaning your AirPods:

How to clean your AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, and EarPods

Since this is an intermittent concern, if you're sure you're making sure it's charging each time or it's difficult to charge, contact Apple Support for help:

Get Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Right or left AirPod Pro frequently doesn't charge and AirPods random connect to devices while in the case charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.