Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Everytime I plug my iphone it, is says "a software update is required to connect to iphone 12 pro". I have the latest update on my mac. What can I do to get rid of that message?

Everytime I plug my iphone it, is says "a software update is required to connect to iphone 12 pro". I have the latest update on my mac. What can I do to get rid of that message?

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 6:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 6:22 AM

If you see "Software update is required to connect to your iOS device" on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

If you see "Software update is required to connect to your iOS device" on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)

You may need to update the software on your Mac in order for it to recognise your iOS device. 

Click Install to download and install the software so your Mac can update or sync your iOS device.

It is just a small patch for macOS.

You won't notice that update by the way, it only lasted 3 minutes or so.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2022 6:22 AM in response to Dvassl

If you see "Software update is required to connect to your iOS device" on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

If you see "Software update is required to connect to your iOS device" on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)

You may need to update the software on your Mac in order for it to recognise your iOS device. 

Click Install to download and install the software so your Mac can update or sync your iOS device.

It is just a small patch for macOS.

You won't notice that update by the way, it only lasted 3 minutes or so.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.