Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac as a second screen

Can I use my 2015 iMac 27" as secondary display for my macbook Pro with M1 chip?

iMac

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 9:48 AM

Hi Mohammad,

We get your question multiple times per day and as Ronasara mentioned, no, what you want to do is NOT possible. Please refer to Target Display Mode (Target Display Mode) and you will see.

You can search for third party solutions such as Luna however we cannot endorse this. Personally if I was in your situation, I would simply buy an external display and use that for your MBP. There are several reasons why:

1. It's less expensive as no expensive software and cabling is needed.
  2. It is extremely simple to set-up.
  3. It is far more reliable.

Best of luck to you.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2022 9:48 AM in response to Mohammad_hajjo

Hi Mohammad,

We get your question multiple times per day and as Ronasara mentioned, no, what you want to do is NOT possible. Please refer to Target Display Mode (Target Display Mode) and you will see.

You can search for third party solutions such as Luna however we cannot endorse this. Personally if I was in your situation, I would simply buy an external display and use that for your MBP. There are several reasons why:

1. It's less expensive as no expensive software and cabling is needed.
  2. It is extremely simple to set-up.
  3. It is far more reliable.

Best of luck to you.

iMac as a second screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.