Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Available metrics per Apple Watch workout type

I was wondering which metrics are available per workout type as I cannot find any information about it online.

For example, the sailing workout doesn’t seem to track GPS or any metric of speed/distance. It also doesn’t list those on a custom workout view. Both of them I need for sailing though and I don’t want to alienate the cycling workout for it…

Where can I see a list of available metrics? Or better: why can’t I choose the metric I want to be tracked on a custom view?

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 10:14 AM

Go to the workout type you want to see the metrics for and tap on the 3 dots in the corner,a list of the available metrics will be shown on that page.

As an example outdoor walking has time,distance and calories burnt and these are the metrics that will be recorded.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2022 10:14 AM in response to kelzenberg

Go to the workout type you want to see the metrics for and tap on the 3 dots in the corner,a list of the available metrics will be shown on that page.

As an example outdoor walking has time,distance and calories burnt and these are the metrics that will be recorded.

Sep 28, 2022 6:11 AM in response to kelzenberg

There isn't a metric as such,location services is another name for GPS and this is usually on by default.

The sailing workout only measures time and calories burnt so there won't be a metric for distance or speed.

Available metrics per Apple Watch workout type

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.