Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nike run app doesn't start the run on Apple watch

After the recent iOS 16 and watch os 9 update, the nike run app quick start as well as launching the app pressing start doesn't work. My runs are now not recorded via watch so I have to carry the iPhone for the run :(

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 11:24 AM

How to contact an app developer

Similar questions

7 replies

Sep 27, 2022 2:32 PM in response to razmee209

Interesting, so new os upgrade can break existing functionalities of the apps in the ecosystem but it's not their responsibility to ensure backward compatibility.

If 5 apps stopped working, user has to contact 5 different app owners but the culprit is iOS upgrade not these apps

Oh btw I have apple watch nike and the nike run app came as part of the watch by default, not something I installed separately

Sep 27, 2022 2:35 PM in response to thilakjom

thilakjom wrote:

Interesting, so new os upgrade can break existing functionalities of the apps in the ecosystem but it's not their responsibility to ensure backward compatibility.

If 5 apps stopped working, user has to contact 5 different app owners but the culprit is iOS upgrade not these apps

Oh btw I have apple watch nike and the nike run app came as part of the watch by default, not something I installed separately

Yea can be 10 to 100 apps, they still need to update their app if they want to work with the newest IOS.

all app developer are aware of the new ios updates before it comes out to the public.

Do as you wish, you can call apple support or the app developer.

Nike run app doesn't start the run on Apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.