Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

add contact to group text. my phone didn’t have the solution shown

i have an iphone 12. i want to add someone to an already existing group chat. i looked up a solution at support.apple but my phone doesn’t have the solution that is shown.

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 10:56 AM

Th15_I5MyU53rNam3 wrote:

i have an iphone 12. i want to add someone to an already existing group chat. i looked up a solution at support.apple but my phone doesn’t have the solution that is shown.

Read the first 2 bullets of this link Add and remove people in group text messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2022 10:56 AM in response to Th15_I5MyU53rNam3

Th15_I5MyU53rNam3 wrote:

Read the first 2 bullets of this link Add and remove people in group text messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Sep 27, 2022 11:48 AM in response to Th15_I5MyU53rNam3

Th15_I5MyU53rNam3 wrote:

so it’s my friends fault for having a non apple phone and apples fault for not playing well with others. thnx apple. just one more reason i’m starting to really not like apple anymore

End-to-end encrypted iMessages are only available for iPhones, because it's an Apple service.

As for "not playing well with others", you can still have group chats with non-Apple devices. You just need to delete and re-make the group as SMS/MMS (green bubble) and add them in.

add contact to group text. my phone didn’t have the solution shown

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.