Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone14pro HORRIBLE camera and auto edit feature

I have had an X for the longest time and waited for the best camera to come out. So I was so excited for the iPhone 14. If I knew how awful the camera is on these phones I would have kept my X.

The auto edit feature that is built into the phone RUINS photos and there is no way to turn it off. It over sharpens to the point of looking grainy and low quality, over contrasts, darkens, and desaturates. Dark photos are also splotchy and pixelated. I have never had a phone that botched photos THIS bad, I mean a Samsung isn't even this bad...

Can anyone help? Apple needs to fix this feature in its next update, this is absurd.

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 10:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2022 12:07 PM

1,000% agree. It is not enjoyable to see your landscape photos beautiful one second but then they automatically change and lose their vibrancy, saturation, and get blasted with sharpness. I’m a professional photographer, too.

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 29, 2022 11:15 AM in response to madisongk

Hi madisongk,

When editing the photos, does it automatically show a filter has been chosen already or is it set to no filter. Also, does completing the steps below that are also listed here: Take and edit photos on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support resolve the issue?

Edit your photo or video
After you take your photo or video, open it in the Photos app and tap Edit. Then you can adjust the crop, angle, light, add a filter, and more. Choose an adjustment, like Brightness or Saturation, and slide to change the strength and intensity. If you don’t like how your changes look, tap Cancel and revert back to the original.
iPhone with Photo edit screen shown 
Adjust button icon 

Adjust light and color
Improve the exposure, saturation, highlights, warmth, tint, and more of your photos and videos. Then use the slider to make precise adjustments with each setting.
Camera filters button icon 

Apply filters
Tap one of the photo filters to give your photo a different color effect, such as Vivid or Dramatic. Or try classic black and white looks like Mono and Silvertone.
crop rotate button icon 

Crop and straighten
You can drag the corners of the grid tool to set your own crop, then move the wheel to tilt or straighten your photo or video. You can also rotate or flip your photo or video, and adjust the vertical and horizontal perspective. 

Cheers!

Iphone14pro HORRIBLE camera and auto edit feature

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.