Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello, I have a problem I can't download and update any app I have in the phone without a credit card and I don't have a credit card please help

Hello, I have a problem I can't download and update any app I have in the phone without a credit card and I don't have a credit card please help

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 2:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 2:56 PM

If you can't make purchases or update / download apps, including free apps, you need to update your payment method or add a new one

If you don't have a CC, you can also use your Apple ID balance as payment method: Add money to your Apple ID balance

Add money to your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

• set your Apple ID balance as your default payment.

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple ID balance

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance – Apple Support (UK)

How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card

How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card – Apple Support (UK)

If you update your payment method or add funds to your Apple ID balance, It would take about 1 to 3 business days in order to process.

If you're still unable to update your payment method, Contact Apple Support.

Click here for more support and assistance.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2022 2:56 PM in response to oday240

If you can't make purchases or update / download apps, including free apps, you need to update your payment method or add a new one

If you don't have a CC, you can also use your Apple ID balance as payment method: Add money to your Apple ID balance

Add money to your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

• set your Apple ID balance as your default payment.

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple ID balance

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance – Apple Support (UK)

How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card

How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card – Apple Support (UK)

If you update your payment method or add funds to your Apple ID balance, It would take about 1 to 3 business days in order to process.

If you're still unable to update your payment method, Contact Apple Support.

Click here for more support and assistance.

Sep 27, 2022 2:56 PM in response to oday240

You need a payment method -

Unless you have a NONE option in the payment methods, you usually have to have a valid payment method entered in your account details. Even for free apps or to update apps.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 12.6; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 15.6; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16; HomePods, audioOS 16 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.