Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Subtitles locked on TBS app

Subtitles turned off on Apple TV, 4K A1842 TVOS 16.0. CNN app has subtitles on by default but I can swipe down on touchpad & turn off. At first no subtitles on TBS app, exited and came back and was turned on. Tried offloading & reinstalling but no help.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 4:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 4:52 PM

Figured it out as this was annoying the **** out of me too! While watching the live stream you have to swipe right to bring up the screen that shows the other TBS channel available (it’s the west coast TBS for me). Be careful not to swipe too fast or twice because it might try to change the channel and you’ll have to watch an annoying 30 second ad. Once your on that screen, theres a hidden CC in the bottom right of the screen that you can navigate to and toggle on and off. Cheers!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2022 4:52 PM in response to jasonfromstrongsville

Figured it out as this was annoying the **** out of me too! While watching the live stream you have to swipe right to bring up the screen that shows the other TBS channel available (it’s the west coast TBS for me). Be careful not to swipe too fast or twice because it might try to change the channel and you’ll have to watch an annoying 30 second ad. Once your on that screen, theres a hidden CC in the bottom right of the screen that you can navigate to and toggle on and off. Cheers!

Sep 28, 2022 5:06 AM in response to jasonfromstrongsville

Try this for any misbehaving app:

1. Force-quit the app, then relaunch and try again.
  2. If the issue persists, force-quit the app, restart the device, then relaunch and try again.
  3. If the issue still persists, delete the app, re-download and try again.
  4. If the issue still persists, then contact the app developer for further assistance.

As you say to have already re-installed, it may be time for step 4 at this time.

Subtitles locked on TBS app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.