Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Find My iPhone require data on lost phone?

If I lose my iPhone does cell data or WIFI data need to be on the lost phone for it to be found my using the Find My app?

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 4:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 5:39 AM

CWradio wrote:

If I lose my iPhone does cell data or WIFI data need to be on the lost phone for it to be found my using the Find My app?

That depends on the phone model.

The iPhone 12 and newer can use the FindMy network, which does not rely on a data connection, but uses bluetooth to report its location when other iPhones come within range. This works even if the phone is powered off or does not have a data connection.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2022 5:39 AM in response to CWradio

CWradio wrote:

That depends on the phone model.

The iPhone 12 and newer can use the FindMy network, which does not rely on a data connection, but uses bluetooth to report its location when other iPhones come within range. This works even if the phone is powered off or does not have a data connection.

Does Find My iPhone require data on lost phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.