Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleCare+ start date for new Apple Watch not yet received

Today I got an email that states that my apple + coverage has started for my Apple Watch and I haven’t even received my device yet. In fact, I’m not due to receive it until weeks from now.

[Edited by Moderator]

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 8

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 4:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 7:44 AM

If you really are not getting the device until weeks from now, keep the delivery notification and then contact Apple to update the dates at 800-275-2273 and ask to be transferred to Appecare. Normally it begins when device is being shipped, but should not weeks in advance.

5 replies

Sep 28, 2022 8:28 AM in response to Smilin-Brian

Yeah just because something is policy, doesn’t make it acceptable.

If a customer is paying for a warranty it makes no sense that the date would start before the device is in their possession.

The intention is to protect a device while it’s in my care and I’ve already taken possession of it. If apple disclosed that they would activate apple care before the device is taken possession of, people are simply not going to get AppleCare until the time they receive their device.

I’m not, nor would I ever intentionally pay for a warranty for a device while it’s in the possession of the company or in transit before I’ve initially received it.

That policy to activate prior is absolutely stupid and if apple does this, they need to add a week or however long to the policy.

Sep 28, 2022 9:45 AM in response to deggie

From the email that notified me of the activation of apple care, the most obvious way to ask a question or express an issue links to the page we are all looking at right now.

TBH, if it is standard policy to start apple care before the device is received, it’s better that I ask this question in a public forum because it’s very likely I’m not the only person that would have an issue with starting a warranty prior to receiving a device.

This is the right place for this, as it’s also the place I was directed to through the email from apple.

Appreciated the help and feedback. My plan is to deal with it once I received the device.

AppleCare+ start date for new Apple Watch not yet received

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.