Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my user is on standard and not logging in , please help

My Mac book user and group won't let me log in while on standard and asking for administrator password

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 5:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2022 1:57 PM

Are you at the OS login screen and cannot log in with your Standard user account? Or are you logged into your Standard user account and trying to modify the "Users & Groups" System Preferences? If you are trying to unlock the padlock on the System Preferences, then you will need to authenticate with an admin user name & password. Standard user accounts are restricted on what they are allowed to do.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2022 1:57 PM in response to maxi149

Are you at the OS login screen and cannot log in with your Standard user account? Or are you logged into your Standard user account and trying to modify the "Users & Groups" System Preferences? If you are trying to unlock the padlock on the System Preferences, then you will need to authenticate with an admin user name & password. Standard user accounts are restricted on what they are allowed to do.

my user is on standard and not logging in , please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.