Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi. i need to transfer photos from a windows pc to my ipad.

Struggling to transfer photos from windows laptop to iPad. Can anyone help this simpleton please?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 8:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 9:05 AM

By far the easiest and simplest method of moving photos between your Windows PC and your iPad would be to install iCloud for Windows - although you have other alternatives without resorting to third-party cloud solutions.

You you will need to install iCloud for Windows, and/or iTunes for Windows. You can install and use both on the PC. They will happily coexist - and provide considerable flexibility in how you move/share/transfer photos and other documents and data between iPad, iPhone and your PC.

iTunes for Windows

Download and use iTunes for Windows – Apple Support

iCloud for Windows

Download iCloud for Windows – Apple Support

Set up and use iCloud for Windows – Apple Support

An alternative strategy might be to consider file transfer between your Windows PC and iPad using a simple USB Thumb Drive or other USB Storage device. If your iPad has a Lightning connector, you’ll need an Apple Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter:

https://store.apple.com/uk/xc/product/MK0W2ZM/A

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2022 9:05 AM in response to Dldandf

By far the easiest and simplest method of moving photos between your Windows PC and your iPad would be to install iCloud for Windows - although you have other alternatives without resorting to third-party cloud solutions.

You you will need to install iCloud for Windows, and/or iTunes for Windows. You can install and use both on the PC. They will happily coexist - and provide considerable flexibility in how you move/share/transfer photos and other documents and data between iPad, iPhone and your PC.

iTunes for Windows

Download and use iTunes for Windows – Apple Support

iCloud for Windows

Download iCloud for Windows – Apple Support

Set up and use iCloud for Windows – Apple Support

An alternative strategy might be to consider file transfer between your Windows PC and iPad using a simple USB Thumb Drive or other USB Storage device. If your iPad has a Lightning connector, you’ll need an Apple Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter:

https://store.apple.com/uk/xc/product/MK0W2ZM/A

Sep 28, 2022 9:16 AM in response to Dldandf

Dropbox would work also, or any other cloud service that you prefer that also has an app. for example with my one drive once I get them on the device I may need to move them into the photos folder and the precise how varies from app to app. So you may experiement a bit to find the one that works best for you.

I personally avoid using iTunes to sync them on because, unless something has changed, once you sync them onto the ipad with itunes, you have to connect your ipad to a computer and use itunes to remove them, the photos cannot be deleted off the ipad without going through itunes. Well lose your laptop and you’re stuck with photos that cannot be deleted without jumping through a couple of hoops

You could also use a memory card and card reader. (Purchased separately). IPads will read from SD card readers. The trick is to simulate that card being from a camera…having the photos in a folder named DCIM and having those files having an 8 character name - IMG_1223.jpg for example. Then you plug the card reader in, import the photos and they go straight into your photos app. So that could be another way and as far as I know there’s a card reader for ipad pro’s.

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MUFG2AM/A/usb-c-to-sd-card-reader?fnode=c0fb828de99e31de7e3cd23035c9453a4c1ae3be783f6f276440698d1a36f40b94f9a15e6f1632271dd8586e430de2b1a605ba98e912615f1515d59cd6473e539b4d0c4e8700dd3e2e40c517f8a4345c580a0858aa2f582f00516da9f61ecf2f32431fed2d464f5ab92b44d026029aa7&fs=f%3Dadapter%26fh%3D4588%252B45b0

I don’t have a pro but I’ve done the same with my ipad 6 and its SD card reader.

Sep 28, 2022 8:35 AM in response to Dldandf

The easiest way would be to use a cloud service like One Drive (which is free on both devices) to transfer it.

You can use iTunes to sync the photos onto the device, but then when you want to use them you’ll need to use iTunes to remove them - which can be a bit annoying.

If you only have a couple then just emailing them to yourself and saving from the email would also be an option.

Hi. i need to transfer photos from a windows pc to my ipad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.