Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emailing Pages documents

I want to send a document to someone who cannot open Pages. How can I adjust my document so that it will be readable by everyone.

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 11:18 AM

1. Export your document to MS Word format. Note that Pages is not Word, and there may be changes in format due to the translation. Result may not be openable by 'everyone,' but should be openable by a larger number of people than the original.

or

'Print' your document as a PDF file. This process converts your document into a series of image files in PDF format.

• Open the document in Pages.
  • Press command P to open the Print dialogue.
  • Click the PDF button (lower left corner of the dialogue).

• Choose either Save as PDF to save a document you can attach to an email message, or Send in mail to open an email message containing the document in Mail.

As in the case of exporting to MS Word, the result may not be openable by 'everyone' but will be openable by most.

Regards,

Barry

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2022 11:18 AM in response to CSSC123

1. Export your document to MS Word format. Note that Pages is not Word, and there may be changes in format due to the translation. Result may not be openable by 'everyone,' but should be openable by a larger number of people than the original.

or

'Print' your document as a PDF file. This process converts your document into a series of image files in PDF format.

• Open the document in Pages.
  • Press command P to open the Print dialogue.
  • Click the PDF button (lower left corner of the dialogue).

• Choose either Save as PDF to save a document you can attach to an email message, or Send in mail to open an email message containing the document in Mail.

As in the case of exporting to MS Word, the result may not be openable by 'everyone' but will be openable by most.

Regards,

Barry

Emailing Pages documents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.