Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icloud photos

Hey there. so i am a photographer, and primarily edit and handle photos via my ipad. that’s honestly all i do on my ipad / use it for. said ipad is connected to the same icloud account as my phone. i’ve been doing this for a while now, and never had issues so far but i’m starting to worry that i’ll run low on storage eventually since all the photos from my phone transfer to my ipad as well. is there a way i can disconnect my photos from my ipad and my phone, so that they have two separate galleries and the photos on my phone stay on my phone without also going to my ipad and vise versa, without disconnecting the rest of my icloud syncing stuff? i’m not trying to disconnect everything and i would like to keep everything on the same icloud, but separate the photos so that i can only have my photography images on my ipad and keep my normal everyday photos and videos on my phone. if so how do i do this? thanks in advance :)

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 15

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 11:08 AM

Sorry, but if you have multiple devices using the same iCloud and they have iCloud Photos turned on, they will sync. There is no option to keep them separate.

You can help prevent them from using too much storage by turning on the Optimize Storage option on each device (or only on the device(s) where you want that option. See: See instructions in Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2022 11:08 AM in response to thenthereslexi

Sorry, but if you have multiple devices using the same iCloud and they have iCloud Photos turned on, they will sync. There is no option to keep them separate.

You can help prevent them from using too much storage by turning on the Optimize Storage option on each device (or only on the device(s) where you want that option. See: See instructions in Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Icloud photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.