Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to synch apps from iPhone to iPad?

I downloaded a new workout app on my phone. Is there a way to synch my iPad to my iPhone so that the app will be reflected and update when changes are made on either device? Or, will I need to download the app to my iPad and use them separately?

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 11:06 AM

This will largely depend upon the App itself.

If the App Developer uses iCloud to save and synchronise data between devices, simply installing the App should be sufficient.

Some App Developers instead provide a method to synchronise App data with their own server - in which case you’ll have ability to create an appropriate account through the App.

You may need to seek assistance from the App Developer for guidance:

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2022 11:06 AM in response to Dorf7

This will largely depend upon the App itself.

If the App Developer uses iCloud to save and synchronise data between devices, simply installing the App should be sufficient.

Some App Developers instead provide a method to synchronise App data with their own server - in which case you’ll have ability to create an appropriate account through the App.

You may need to seek assistance from the App Developer for guidance:

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Is it possible to synch apps from iPhone to iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.