Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incoming/outgoing calls fail on iPhone 11 Pro Max

Recently, calls made to me fail after I answer. When I call others, the same thing happens. There is also no record of the calls, even though I answer the call or the other party answers. They are not able to hear me, and I can't hear them. Then the call fails.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 8:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 8:54 PM

KathyN Said:

"Incoming/outgoing calls fail on iPhone 11 Pro Max: Recently, calls made to me fail after I answer. When I call others, the same thing happens. There is also no record of the calls, even though I answer the call or the other party answers. They are not able to hear me, and I can't hear them. Then the call fails."

-------

Troubleshooting Calls:

A. Start Here: If you can't Make or Receive Calls on your iPhone - Apple Support

B. "No Service":

Is "No Service" shown on the top-left corner of your screen? If so, go here to fix that: If you See No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

C. Install a Cellular Update:

It might be prompting you for a cellular update to install. So, go here for that. Update your carrier settings manually on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

D. Update the iOS Using a Computer:

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2022 8:54 PM in response to KathyN

KathyN Said:

"Incoming/outgoing calls fail on iPhone 11 Pro Max: Recently, calls made to me fail after I answer. When I call others, the same thing happens. There is also no record of the calls, even though I answer the call or the other party answers. They are not able to hear me, and I can't hear them. Then the call fails."

-------

Troubleshooting Calls:

A. Start Here: If you can't Make or Receive Calls on your iPhone - Apple Support

B. "No Service":

Is "No Service" shown on the top-left corner of your screen? If so, go here to fix that: If you See No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

C. Install a Cellular Update:

It might be prompting you for a cellular update to install. So, go here for that. Update your carrier settings manually on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

D. Update the iOS Using a Computer:

Sep 28, 2022 9:08 PM in response to KathyN

KathyN Said:

"Incoming/outgoing calls fail on iPhone 11 Pro Max: [...]Is this a hint from my phone that I should check out 14?"

-------

Thank you for the followup reply.

Update Immediately, Backing Up, First:

Update your iPhone to iOS16. Update have bug fixes and feature on-ons. Note that only the latest update will install (iOS16.0.2 as of this reply). iOS15 and before are no longer available.

A. Time to Update iPhone:

That depends on the capacity, and how much has to be modified to operate with the new iOS. So, perform this while at home, with nothing on your schedule.

B. So, Update Using a Computer:

For a more reliable connection, try updating using a computer... Use my User Tip:  Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

Sep 28, 2022 9:00 PM in response to TheLittles

Thank you for your reply; I will check out A, as I just made a successful call (B) after multiple calls were failed calls. I checked for a cellular update (C) but there was none, and my iOS (D) is up to date. Will continue searching so that I can consistently use my phone again.

Is this a hint from my phone that I should check out 14?

Incoming/outgoing calls fail on iPhone 11 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.